Events ManagerCompany: Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
Date Posted: June 15, 2017
The Events Manager will plan, implement, and manage all fundraising events for the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of fundraising events including Empty Bowls, Giving Spirits, and others as identified.
- Work with Director of Philanthropy and Communications and the Development team to identify sponsorship opportunities for all events and match corporate sponsors with events and programs that meet their needs and interests. Actively seek sponsorships and follow up.
- Provide support to auxiliary initiatives such as Juniors Ambassadors and Young Professional Organizations.
- Act as the Food Bank's liaison and media spokesperson to promote events.
- Oversee event planning committees and the solicitation of donation items for auctions and ensure they are recorded and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Insure communications are appropriate for events and adequate time is provided to meet sponsor requests for public relations materials.
- Work closely with Volunteer department to assure adequate, trained volunteers are staffed for events.
- Prepare timelines for all events. Complete financial and statistical analysis reports on events, evaluate outcomes, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain accruate records including contact reports, solicitation proposals and stewardship reports in Food Bank's database.
- Work with Administrative Assistant to prepare timely donor acknowledgements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum three years experience planning and managing high profile fundraising events
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficient in word processing, spreasheets, desktop publishing and database mgmt.
- Self starter, team player, with ability to multi-task
- Valid Oklahoma drivers license, auto insurance, and use of personal vehicle.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening work.
- Must be about to perform the essential duties and responsibilites with or without reasonable accomodation.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.