Development CoordinatorCompany: Tulsa Ballet
Date Posted: June 15, 2017
Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
To serve as an essential asset of our region through exciting internationally-acclaimed artistic excellence and exemplary education and outreach.
We commit to:
- Preserve the tradition of classical ballet
- Promote the appreciation of contemporary dance
- Create works of superior and enduring quality
- Educate through exceptional dance training, performances, and outreach programs.
To be an innovative leader, powerful partner, and global cultural representative of a community in which the performing arts are valued and promoted as an indispensable resource.
Essential duty: implement plans and strategies to achieve contributed revenue goals, while building and cultivating donor relationships.
- Implement annual fundraising plan focusing on Individual Giving to Annual Fund and membership contributions to Barre Society enhanced subscription/young professionals group.
- Create messaging for Annual Fund solicitations via print media, email, and telefunding efforts including light graphic design and selection of approved photographs.
- Communicate with members of Box Office/Ticketing staff to relay messaging of active solicitations and correctly record any donations received with subscriptions or ticket orders.
- Manage and track solicitation efforts using database to measure success of messaging and return on investment.
- Meet or exceed monthly metric expectations.
- Provide strong stewardship support in multiple ways.
- Create messaging for Barre Society solicitations via print media and email, working with Graphic Designer to ensure approved print media brochure design.
- Coordinate subscription information and preferred ticket data with Box Office/Ticketing staff to ensure that Barre Society members receive tickets to all performances included with level of membership.
- Serve as staff liaison to Barre Society Committee and assist Barre Society Committee Chair with meetings as requested, recording meeting minutes as needed.
- Process all gifts received for the organization.
- Develop reports for tracking donor history and membership growth.
- Perform data mining and research in database to identify solicitation targets for contact.
- Create Plans for prospects and track communication and activity attendance to develop constituents and increase support of organization.
- Complete donor listings to appropriately recognize donors across the organization in performance programs throughout the season as well as in Annual Report.
- Create annual giving statements with tax-deductible contribution information as additional stewardship for supporters.
- Update existing listings and create additional listings for TNEW section of Tulsa Ballet website, primarily for receiving online contributions and membership payments.
- Assist Director of Finance with Campaign and Fund setup, creation of or modification to general ledger codes, and other audit-related duties as required. Annually, update all accounts for new fiscal year.
- Attend performances and events as assigned to ensure excellent donor relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or multiple-year, career-equivalent experience.
- Database management experience. Tessitura Network preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience preferred.
- Not-for-profit, sales, or customer service experience preferred.
- Understanding of and interest in contemporary ballet preferred.
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven and demonstrable track record of being able to work under pressure while managing multiple deadlines.
- Friendly personality and positive outlook.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Be able to work nights and weekends when event and/or performance schedule require.
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds and participate in physical activity required for events.
- Have reliable transportation, as some errands occasionally will be necessary.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.