Development DirectorCompany: Child Abuse Network
Date Posted: January 8, 2018
Child Abuse Network in Tulsa is seeking a Development Director. The successful candidate will be passionate about CAN’s mission of providing collaborative intervention services to child abuse victims so that they are encouraged to embrace a future driven by hope. The candidate should have a proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, securing and sustaining major gifts for both operating and capital support and will manage all aspects of a comprehensive development plan including special events and planned giving. The position will report directly to CAN’s CEO, and will work closely with the CEO, board members, staff, volunteers and community partners to build individual, corporate, foundation and government relationships and funding support.
A collaborative style, strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, excellent management skills, and a proven history of and enthusiasm for successfully building and maintaining diverse financial support are essential.
The successful candidate will have all or many of the following qualities:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of professional development or related experience at a non-profit or similar organization, with a focus on major gift fundraising, ideally in the Tulsa area.
- Proven personal record of successful development/campaign results
- Experience managing special fundraising events.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication/writing and speaking skills
- Experience hiring, managing and motiving employees
- A strong work ethic and well developed capabilities in strategic planning, problem solving, attention to detail and task completion
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness and eagerness to engage in the Tulsa community and be an active member of professional/civic organizations
- Ability to manage self independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform unsupervised while ensuring accountability to leadership team and CEO
To apply, send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.