Executive DirectorCompany: 108|Contemporary
Date Posted: March 14, 2018
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the daily logistics of 108|Contemporary Gallery, its Retail Shop and its Programs. The ED is employed and supervised by the 108|Contemporary Board of Directors. The ED leads the budget process and is accountable for the expenditure of the allocated budget. Grant writing skills and involvement in fundraising events are critical with a focus on securing Board, corporate and major donor funds. The Executive Director must have strong leadership and communication skills and a background in visual fine arts.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to 108|Contemporary, its Board and its Mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, non-profit and management experience; preferably a visual arts background.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree (preferably but not necessarily in the Arts) required but actual experience in managing an arts organization can be considered in lieu of degree qualifications.
- Track record of effectively leading outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and implemented strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Grant Writing research and development success critical.
- Excellence in logistics with the ability to encourage, manage, and develop a small, high-performance staff and volunteers; set and achieve strategic objectives; manage a budget.
- Successful marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Success in working with a board of directors and the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships; ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and various social media platforms. Donor Perfect and Mac OS are pluses.
- Passion, integrity, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Range of Duties to be Performed:
- Manage the budget, file legal reports, monitor cash flow and acquire and maintain revenue streams. Manage a small, full-time staff and energetic volunteers.
- Raise funds, especially through research and grant writing. Coordinate Board engagement in fundraising. Develop productive relationships with loyal volunteers, individual donors, foundations, collectors, and other potential sources of support.
- Manage the on-time, on-budget opening of each new gallery exhibition, workshop, and educational programs; oversee the installation, publicity, and events that surround all programming.
- Oversee implementation and coordination all administrative aspects of the 108|Contemporary gallery, retail shop and programs, including purchasing, record keeping, accounting, staffing and gallery upkeep.
- Be a passionate advocate for 108|Contemporary!
- Work with organizations within the Tulsa Arts District to take part in community events, seasonal festivals. Cultivate key relationships and partnerships with other public and private cultural communities in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma.