Chapter Administrator - Part-TimeCompany: AFP, Eastern Oklahoma Chapter
Date Posted: April 9, 2018
REPORTS TO: AFP Eastern Oklahoma President
STATUS: Contract Position (on average 10-20 hours a week)
The AFP, Eastern Oklahoma Chapter is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State of Oklahoma and is a chapter and affiliate of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP IHQ), an international organization. The chapter has approximately 120 members. The specific purpose of the chapter is to advance the profession of fundraising and the profession, promote the common professional interests of AFP members and to further the purposes of the chapter through nonprofit activities including but not limited to, education, training, meetings, workshops, publications, fundraisers, events, conferences and other relevant activities.
The Chapter Administrator shall serve as primary administrative support for the AFP Eastern Oklahoma Chapter. This is a contract position averaging between 10-20 hours a week with additional hours as needed. The Chapter Administrator will be responsible for managing the day to day administrative operations of the chapter including event management and logistics, chapter communications, website management and other related administrative tasks. The position will be evaluated annually by the Board President.
Essential Job Functions - Specific job activities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage, receive and respond to all written, phone and email messages to the chapter on a regular and consistent basis. Forward messages regarding chapter operations and inquiries to the appropriate board members and coordinate responses to AFP members, potential members, organizations and the general public. Pick up chapter mail/PO Box weekly and disperse to appropriate board member.
- Arrange and execute all logistics associated with chapter monthly luncheons, including but not limited to promoting the lunches, confirming all venue arrangements, placing catering orders, printing any needed materials, coordinating with speakers and sponsors as needed, arranging AV, tracking RSVPs and serving on site at the event for set up, registration, event management and customer service.
- Create and launch monthly webinars for both Tulsa and Bartlesville. Support planning and logistics associated with web conference trainings including but not limited to promoting webinars, confirming all venue arrangements, tracking RSVPs, providing printed materials, arranging AV, tracking RSVPs and serving on site at the event for set up, registration, event management and customer service.
- Update and maintain member and guest electronic records in Constant Contact on a monthly basis.
- Promote all events through regular eblasts, social media, news releases and community calendars.
- Design/layout monthly newsletter and send to the chapter’s membership and mailing list, upon approval of the Board President.
- Provide updates to appropriate board members on new members and add to membership roster on a monthly basis. Provide updates on new CFRE designates and add them to the website monthly.
- Serve as web administrator for the chapter, including but not limited to keeping program and event information up to date, posting job descriptions and collecting payment and overseeing online event registration for all chapter events.
- Serve as social media administrator for the chapter to include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with regular posts promoting the chapter, its members, sponsors and event activities. Post new job listings on social media outlets on behalf of the chapter on a routine basis.
- Make monthly withdrawals from PayPal account into the BOK account and provide to the Treasurer. Prepare/make deposits on behalf of the chapter.
- Collect, distribute and print minutes, agendas and other materials as needed for the quarterly board meetings. Attend board meetings and assist with minutes and other logistics as needed. Assist with and attend board retreats and other special meetings as needed.
- Create, send and update calendar reminders to the board for all chapter activities to include luncheons, workshops, National Philanthropy Day, webinars, board meetings, retreats, socials, etc.
- Purchase door prizes, speaker thank you gifts, nametags, table tents and meetings supplies as needed on behalf of the chapter.
- Serve as National Philanthropy Day administrative arm providing support to the NPD chair and committee through publicity, administration, provide post-event survey for attendees, apply payments received, etc. Attend National Philanthropy Day.
- Establish, maintain and store permanent files (Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, Minutes, Chapter Accord, board and committee documents and historical data in Dropbox. Transfer all files older than three years to the chapter’s external hard drives in the safety deposit box.
- Lead the Accord, Ten Star Gold and Friends of Diversity application processes in partnership with President, President-Elect and appropriate board members, including gathering of documents, annually.
- May be asked to attending AFP International Conference or AFP Leadership Academy to network with other chapter administrators and research best practices.
- High school graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact
- Knowledge of website development tools
- Knowledge of graphic design principles
- Ability to work independently with a flexible work schedule
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Experience in customer service
- Evidence of accurate, detail-oriented work with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Maintenance of a professional appearance, pleasant and clam demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with the public
- Familiarity with email communication, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Prior experience in file management, travel arrangements, meeting and facility scheduling
The AFP Eastern Oklahoma Chapter does not have a physical office, therefore the Chapter Administrator will be required to work from his or her own space (i.e. home office) and have continual access to a working laptop computer, with the hours being somewhat flexible.
To apply, submit resume to email@example.com