Development Assistant/Data Base ManagerCompany: Tulsa Opera, Inc.
Date Posted: June 5, 2017
Reports To: Director of Development
Staff Liaison to: Fund Development Committee
- Monitor the grant calendar to assure that all grant deadlines are met.
- Initiate timely grant reports as required by funding partners.
- Code daily gift receipts and enter receipts in Tessitura. Retain original gift information and provide copy for Finance Office.
- Generate gift detail report for Development Director and Finance Department.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, original for signature of General Director and a copy for Development records.
- Complete all gift-related paperwork required by donors.
- Track President's Council membership, generate renewal letters and follow up with lapsed members.
- Take minutes at Board of Director meetings.
- Maintain active and up to date (monthly) data base of donors/subscribers/email lists to include: full household names, mailing addresses, telephone number(s) and email address(es)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with emphasis on being able to work with donors and event volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills including accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to lift 30 pounds without injury
- Legal driver’s license
- Social media and website skills preferred
- Must be able to handle sensitive matters with discretion and absolute confidentiality
- Demonstrates professional business orientation and acumen
- Strong customer service orientation
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Ability to project a positive and cheerful demeanor, especially in stressful situations
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Adept at interacting with people of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
Experience with the Tessitura family of products is preferred
*This position requires some night and weekend work.
Benefits include full medical, dental, vision and retirement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.