Vice President, Member Engagement & Investor RelationsCompany: Tulsa Regional Chamber
Date Posted: December 22, 2017
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
Be on the team of Tulsa’s most successful and dynamic business leadership organization as Prospect Development Professional for the Tulsa Regional Chamber (TRC).
The Chamber is a private, nonprofit, membership–driven organization comprised of regional business enterprises, civic organizations, education institutions and nonprofit organizations. Through a variety of partnerships, volunteers and visionary civic leadership, we mobilize resources to support and sustain the economic prosperity of the Tulsa region. Every strategy, program and service is created specifically to provide a positive, year-end dividend to our customers – our 2,000 members and our regional community.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented professional to direct, guide, execute and oversee member and investor engagement and marketing strategy for the Tulsa Regional Chamber in support of its revenue goals. The successful candidate must exhibit expertise in relationship management, marketing tactics and messaging, process development and teambuilding.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, guide, execute and oversee the member and investor engagement and marketing strategy for the Tulsa Regional Chamber. Execute the Chamber’s comprehensive member programming, engagement and investor relations plans, drive accounts receivable and investor fulfillment, oversee member and investor onboarding and customer service, oversee database management and develop and oversee the Chamber’s member and investor communications and marketing strategy.
- Manage and direct the activities of the revenue retention team within the Resource Development division, to include the oversight of three employees (Member Relations Manager, Member Program Coordinator, Resource Development Administrator).
- Maintain budgetary responsibility for the revenue retention team including oversight and monitoring of the team’s monthly expenditures. Approve the deployment of budgetary funds as required to achieve business goals. Make recommendations to the SVP for new or added expenditures tied to the division’s metrics and performance objectives.
- Spend a significant amount of time externally in the regional business community, conducting in-person meetings with member businesses, attending Chamber and community events to grow the network, and independently creating opportunities to engage with member companies, business executives and corporate decision-makers to drive member and investor retention and satisfaction goals.
- Serve as a principal point of contact for member and investor inquiries for involvement and engagement. Leverage Chamber leadership, staff and volunteers as needed to provide excellent customer service, solve member problems, remove barriers to growth and facilitate member involvement.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber’s mission and strategies and how they directly apply to the needs and desires of existing members. Assess member motivations and outline programs and benefits that correlate to business goals. Prepare recommendations for and assist prospective members to identify areas of Chamber involvement and engagement congruent with Chamber investment. Actively leverage the upselling of sponsorships, member levels upgrades and funding campaign investments to drive new revenue and deeper member/investor engagement.
- Engage with the Chamber of Commerce industry at large as an active participant with ACCE and peer groups affiliated with the profession. Research, develop and recommend member and investor retention trends and best practices. Inform the SVP of Resource Development of emerging trends, opportunities and challenges related to member/investor retention and recommend a course of action.
- Achieve a satisfactory rating annually as it relates to approved annual objectives and talent development action plan (TDAP).
- Assure all direct reporting staff, if applicable, have achieved their annual development goals.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience in business development, community relations, marketing, public affairs, investor relations, client services and/or customer service required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop relationships.
- Self-starter and team-oriented individual with demonstrated initiative, negotiating, organizational, relationship-building and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer knowledge in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and database management.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills. Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Previous experience as a business owner or operator a plus.
- Extensive experience in business to business sales or client retention a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the chamber industry or dues base/membership organizations a plus.
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with people, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Compensation plan and benefits competitive with the local market and the applicant’s experience.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letters to:
Allison B. Walden, SVP of Resource Development