Director of Fund DevelopmentCompany: A New Leaf
Date Posted: January 8, 2018
- Develop, manage and evaluate a comprehensive development program including annual giving, direct mail, grant writing, capital and planned giving
- Maintain accurate financial and donor records
- Provide accurate written and oral reports as requested
- Provide advice, support and technical experience to Board
- 5. Participate in annual budget process as it relates to development and communications
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned and within the scope of demonstrated competencies.
- Researches and identifies sources of financial support and coordinates the solicitation of contributions from identified institutional funders and individuals of wealth and influence for major gifts.
- Primary responsibility for administration of gift transaction records.
- Administers a donor tracking system that processes acknowledgements, stores and reports on gift histories, donor information, funding procedures and other functions required to facilitate effective solicitation and cultivation of funding sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to thrive and be productive in a team oriented
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines through good planning, scheduling and
- Excellent time management skills and ability to comfortably multi-task and handle
multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good problem-solving skills, sound decision-making skills, self-confidence, initiative,
flexibility, enthusiasm, curiosity, creativity, strategic thinking skills, and highly organized.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred
- Five to seven years minimum related experience in similar position
- Must have a documented track record of acquiring individual and corporate gifts and
cultivating and soliciting major gifts, acquiring strong foundation support, special
events and direct mail (annual appeal).
- Must have a strong knowledge of the entire donor development life cycle-(identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship).
- Sophisticated knowledge of annual, major gifts and planned giving principles.
If interested please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com