Eastern Oklahoma Chapter - Scholarship Opportunities
We are thrilled to share our chapter has initiated a Membership Scholarship fund. These scholarships will be award in both full and partial funding. If you are interested in applying for a membership scholarship, please review the scholarship requirements prior to submission.
Membership Scholarship Policy
The Association of Fundraising Professionals, Eastern Oklahoma Chapters (AFP) offers Membership Scholarships to local fundraising professionals who will benefit from an increased knowledge of fundraising but are unable to afford the cost of annual membership dues. AFP Membership Scholarships can cover up to one hundred percent of the cost of local and national membership dues for one full year.
Scholarships are provided for all membership categories, except AFP Business Memberships and Nonprofit Organizational (Large) Memberships.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be currently employed as a full-time fundraising professional, spend at least fifty percent (50%) of their work schedule dedicated towards fundraising for his or her employer, or serve as a board member/leadership volunteer for a local nonprofit organization dedicating at least fifty percent (50%) of his or her services towards fundraising for said organization.
- Applicants must be employed within Eastern Oklahoma and/or perform at least fifty percent (50%) of their fundraising services for nonprofit organizations located within Eastern Oklahoma.
- Only one employee per organization can receive a membership scholarship in a calendar year.
- Applicants must not have received any other local AFP scholarships in the past year.
- Preference will be given to nonprofit organizations with limited resources and individuals new to the field of fundraising.
- Applicants who receive a scholarship will be asked to serve on a AFP Eastern Oklahoma committee or on the board for at least one (1) year.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed and processed by the AFP Scholarship Committee and approved by the AFP Board. Applicants will be notified within 30 days following the deadline.
Awards and Rejections:
- Applicants who are selected to receive a Membership Scholarship will receive both a phone call and a letter informing them that they have won the award. Award recipients will also be given a list of AFP committees from which to select for their volunteer service. Membership Scholarship recipients agree to contact the chair of their chosen AFP committee(s) and inform them of their decision to volunteer within 30 days of receiving said award notifications.
- Recipients will receive a notification by both email and postal mail when their membership information has been processed and activated.
- Individuals whose applications were rejected will be contacted by phone call, letter and/or email with an offer to have their applications automatically resubmitted into the next trimester’s awards procedure.
How to Apply:
Submit a completed Membership Scholarship Application and a three paragraph letter detailing how this award will benefit you and your organization to:
Part-Time, Chapter Administrator